Saturday, February 27, 2010

So far I have really been enjoying my accounting internship at Acumen Financial Group. It is about in the middle of busy season and work is starting to come in large batches. It was nice to have the opportunity to work some before busy season began in full swing to learn the software programs and familiarize myself again with tax returns because it has been a year since I did my other tax internship. I have been working about part time, which sometimes taking a full course load and working that much can be difficult, but having both doesn't make me as burnt out at school, particularly as a senior. On Friday I did have a proud moment when I was working on a client with hundreds of thousands of gambling winnings and losses, and I had to figure out what was taxable. I researched it on our tax research site and figured it out without having spent too much time looking for it. I was happy to have learned something new that day and know I can work through problems on my own. I am keeping busy and look forward to another week!

No comments:

Post a Comment