Sunday, January 17, 2010

So after my first week and a half of job shadowing I have learned a few things. The first thing is that shadowing people is actually pretty boring! It is interesting and very beneficial to see what people do in their everyday jobs, but it's so hard to not be able to be more hands on. Being a student without any qualifications makes it hard to be able to do more in the situations that I am involved it; there are so many laws about what you can/cannot do with patients so it makes it a little more challenging. However, I am having so much fun working at the hospital. My most favorite spot that I have worked in is in the ICU. It is so fast-paced and there is always things going on, which makes it fun and thrilling. I also worked in family practice one day with my mom's friend, and that was also very fun. It was more of just everyday people, but the variety in ages of patients was nice. I got to sit in on many different appointments, including a baby and a very sweet old man. I have also worked in PT and OT, but I find those jobs a little boring and repetitive. It has been so great to see what different people's roles are in the hospital, and I think that this will be so great and informational for me to help make decisions about my future.

2 comments:

  1. My first impression when I work at Evergreen is how nice people over there are! I heard some not-very-good comments on employee benefits at Evergreen, but my first impression is totally reversed. There are around 20 people working at the Museum, which is a small portion of the company. But people work nicely with one another. They chat and joke around office, making the work relaxing and fun.

    My task at first time is pretty overwhelming for me, because there are so many new things and rules that I don't know. It is not only the rule of accounting, but also the my supervisor's rule to make the work easier. So far I have done invoices and PO (purchase order) of the whole museum. But I know that I will need to continue learning a lot and a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I think that I need to post it in a different place :(

    ReplyDelete