Sunday, April 25, 2010

Ethics Training

Last Friday, I helped set up for an all day ethics training at Juliette's House, which was put on by the NASW (National Association of Social Workers) and in return I was able to attend the training for free, which normally costs about $100. Because social work is what i plan on going into, it was interesting to hear about some of the ethical dilemmas social workers face, many of which are not laid out in the ethical guidelines. For example, if you are providing counseling for a child who just so happens to become friends with your child and they want to have a sleep over at your house, what do you do? You can't tell your child that his/her friend is your client, but it also does not look good to have a client spend the night at your house. I find questions like these fascinating and learning how to deal with situations properly could prove very useful in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment